Add a teacher (referent) if they don’t have a record.
Minimum info: Name (as the title), photo and short description.
Add a new category if required.
Add a new seminar / FQ.
- Enter the name of the FQ as the title.
- Save Draft
- Edit the Permalink and give it the FQ number. The number must be unique (not used by any other seminar). This number needs to be three digits – e.g. 0007, 054 or 567. This is the number that will be used to create the related products. This also creates a nice short URL which is useful when emailing a link.
- Check the Fachqualifizierung box in the Category box on the right.
- Enter the rest of data in the General, Page content and Fachqualifizierung tabs and upload a FQ image. The image should be given the seminar number (567.jpg). Don’t enter any Relationships yet.
- Set the status to Pending Review.
- Preview and check that the data is OK. There won’t be any dates or cost yet.
Add a new product for each module.
- Enter the module name as Product name.
- Save as Draft
- Edit the Permalink and give it the FQ number. Important: if there is one more than one product (i.e. date) the Permalink should have a letter after it. If there are two dates for seminar 567 then Permalinks should be 567MD1 for the first one and 567MD2 for second one etc.
- Click Module from the Product categories box on the right. Only click Seminar if this module is also available as Seminar that can be booked on its own.
- Product data – make sure Simple product is chosen. Select Virtual. Expand the product data accordion.
- General: Enter a price. €100 unless this is a bookable seminar in which put in the real price. The €100 is simply way to tell Woocommerce that this product available for purchase, it’s not used for FQ invoicing.
- Inventory: Enter the seminar number as the SKU as above. Click Manage Stock. Enter the max number of participants in Stock Quantity. Allow backorders. Enter the low stock threshold (when you want the traffic light to turn to yellow)
- Event settings: Is this product an event? No – unless it is a separate seminar as well.
- Enter the Start date and Start / End Time. If it’s sequential event (starts on one day and ends on another) or a multi-day event click the radio button and enter the dates. Choose Europe / Amsterdam as the time zone.
- In the Products section choose Module or Seminar & Module.
- Choose the correct venue in Location. If it doesn’t exist save and go and create one.
- In module data enter the module number in the order you want it displayed.
- In the Products section link the product to the correct FQ and teacher(s).
- Enter the date/time descriptions as required.
- Save as Pending Review
- Enter the rest of the modules as above.
- Add a new product
- Give it the FQ name, and save.
- Set the permalink to the FQ number
- Click Fachqualifizierung in the Product Categories
- Choose Product Bundle from the Product Data select.
- Set the inventory as per the modules
- From Bundle Options: set the price and add all the modules into the bundle. If they are shown as not available when you choose them you forgot to set the price.
- Choose Fachqualifizierung from Products: Type
- Set the Venue
- In Relationships choose the correct FQ and Referent
Go back and edit the Seminar / FQ
- Under Relationships connect the FQ to the referent(en), bundled product and the modules. Choose the related products as well. Update.
- Preview the FQ and check that the dates, prices and teacher(s) are displaying correctly.
Add a new course for each date (LearnDash)
- Enter the course title (same as the seminar title) with the product number after it like this – Elterngespräche auf Augenhöhe führen (111a)
- Connect the course to the seminar and teacher(s).
- There is more info in the Courses support doc on setting up the content for a course.
Go back and edit each product for the seminar
- Under Product Data: General click in the Learndash Courses box and select the correct LearnDash course. Make sure the product number (e.g. 750a) matches the number at the end of the course title
Check everything and when your are ready make sure the seminar, teacher(s), product(s) and course(s) are all set to Status: Published